It’s easy for moms to get lost in motherhood and forget about taking care of themselves.
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 16th, and while many dads and kids think that expensive jewelry and gifts are the way to show their appreciation to mom, Author, mother, and wellness expert Kristy Rodriguez says that moms especially need help with self-care, and has great tips and gift ideas for different types of moms to help improve their well-being and self care this Mother’s Day and beyond!
Kristy says self-care looks different for different types of moms — whether a busy working mom, athletic mom, new mom, pregnant mom, or foodie mom. She has a visual round-up of gift ideas and activities for each type of mom!
Kristy Rodriguez is author of the newly published book Pure Nurture: A Holistic Guide To A Healthy Baby. Kristy is a pre and postnatal wellness expert, holistic health coach, yoga instructor, mother of two young children, survivor of postpartum depression, and owner and founder of Pure Nurture LLC — a local business dedicated to educate and inspire women to nurture and nourish themselves through pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period.
Among her gift ideas:
- Foot massage with a tennis ball Or use a lacrosse ball– These can be used to massage your own back, neck, glutes, or hamstrings.
- Water Bottle: LifeFactory is Kristy’s favorite. These are glass, non-toxic, and available in fun colors and different sizes.
- Pure Nurture Book: It’s the essential guide to self-care during pregnancy.
- Coconut Oil or Sesame Oil: Keeps skin smooth, soft and hydrated with a natural product, no added ingredients or toxic chemicals. It also helps prevent stretch marks, and it is great to massage with the oil before or after your shower.
- A candle: Mindfulness at meal time. Help make mealtime a special time for mom. Kristy can discuss the difference between a healthy candle vs. a toxic candle.
- Mason Jars. These are great for storage, trail mix, smoothie to go, overnight oats, flower vase, and good for the planet.
Busy working moms
- Non-toxic Nail Polish for a at home manicure and pedicure. Kristy can share why non-toxic nail polish is important and also include some of her favorite brands.
- Podcasts: Kristy has a list of her favorite inspiring, uplifting, funny or entertaining podcasts for mom to listen to on the way to work. Best part: They are free!
- Journal: A great way to practice gratitude. This can also help mom keep track of feedings, write notes about how they’re feeling, letters to their little ones to put in a keepsake box for later.
- Dark Chocolate: These are a decadent treat packed with antioxidants and great for or moms avoiding coffee while nursing. Kristy can share which chocolates are best
ABOUT KRISTY RODRIGUEZ:
Kristy S. Rodriguez, pre- and postnatal wellness expert and advocate, is the owner and founder of Pure Nurture, LLC, a business devoted to educating and inspiring women to nurture and nourish themselves through pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period. As a Holistic Health Coach and Registered Yoga Teacher specializing in pre- and postnatal wellness, Kristy works with individual clients, as well as teaching classes and workshops, both in person and online.
Her passion for prenatal health and wellness began while she was pregnant with her first daughter. After giving birth to her second daughter, she decided to dedicate her work to supporting women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, as well as mothers of newborns. With her cumulated years of experience in education and health, she brings extensive knowledge, personal experience, and deep compassion to her students. In a supportive, non-judgmental way, Kristy helps her clients and students live healthier, happier, more energetic lives.