When the first Classic Auto Show drives into Downtown Los Angeles next month, it will be bringing with it the very best in automotive celebrities and a unique, unparalleled glimpse at decades of the finest and rarest vehicles that car aficionados have prized over the years.
However, activities range far beyond what might interest only the most diehard gearheads, creating a family-friendly experience that is sure to leave attendees of all ages and interest levels yearning for more.
Family friendly activities include:
- Hagerty Youth Judging – 15 young judges will be chosen at the Classic Auto Show to have a hands-on first look at what goes into judging a car show. Children ages 7-14 will be considered for the Hagerty Youth Judging program, which is geared to getting the next generation excited about classic cars in a once-in-a-lifetime setting, and has introduced nearly 10,000 kids to the world of classic autos in the last decade. To register your son or daughter to be a Young Judge, please email email@example.com. Space is limited and registration is required.
- Kids Choice Award – All children attending the show will be able to get in on the fun and vote for their favorite car in the “Kids Choice” Award.
- The Grand Boulevard – Take the family for a walk down the Grand Boulevard, a breathtaking stroll through history with a display of automobiles from private collections you will only see at the Classic Auto Show.
- Grex Airbrush Demonstrations – Kids as young as six can explore their artistic side and learn how to use the same airbrushes used by the auto detailing pros, and get a unique chance to watch the pros at work.
- Cal Raceway – The #1 permanent outdoor asphalt track in Southern California is taking the race on the road to the Classic Auto Show, where attendees of all ages can get in on the excitement of witnessing live car racing.
- The Celebrity Theater where families can watch their favorite Velocity Channel stars LIVE! Including Chip Foose, Mike Brewer, Dave Kindig, Mike Phillips, Wayne Carini, and Chris Jacobs.
ABOUT THE CLASSIC AUTO SHOW
Presented by Autogeek.com & McKee’s 37 and powered by the Velocity Network in tandem with Urban Expositions and Clarion Events, The Classic Auto Show will take place on January 27-29, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center: South Hall. Tickets are available online. Adult tickets start at $25 pre-sale and $30 at the door. Children ages 3-12 are $10 pre-sale and $12 at the door. Children 2 and under are free. Enter promo code: CASPR to save $5 on tickets. For more information please visit www.theclassicautoshow.com.
The Classic Auto Show is supported by media sponsors including: duPont REGISTRY, Historic Vehicle Association; Old Cars Weekly; Vintage Road Car| Vintage Race Car; ClassicCars.com; Auto Round-Up; SoCal Car Culture; Autobooks-Aerobooks and Los Angeles magazine among others.
Based in Traverse City, Mich., Hagerty is a global company specializing in products and insurance for people who love cars and host to the largest network of classic car owners. Hagerty offers insurance for classic cars, trucks, motorcycles and motorcycle safety equipment, tractors, automotive tools and spare parts, and even “automobilia” (any historic or collectible item linked with motor vehicles). Hagerty also offers overseas shipping/touring insurance coverage, commercial coverage and club liability coverage. For more information, call (800) 922-4050 or visit www.hagerty.com.
Hagerty also provides online Valuation Tools and publishes the Hagerty Price Guide, which are the premier price and value guides for post-war collectible automobiles. For more information please visit www.hagerty.com/valuationtools.